Saturday, November 03, 2007

Wednesday 24th October, 2007, last day in Jemgum


I had an easy day of it today. Tonight though, we all went out for Chinese - never a bad thing. It's my last night in Jemgum - off to Kiel for the rest of my holiday tomorrow.


Bernd and Svenja both managed to be there (getting the two of them together in one place is a major feat on its own)! It was a really great night - Papa ordered a drink for afterwards (those of you who know some German customs will know that there are many drinks out there (not just of German origin), that are used as a digestive aid - and I wish that we would start the tradition here, because they really DO work), which was utterly horrid - I can't remember the name of it - which is pretty sad, because I so do not want to order it by mistake, but it was some kind of rose based drink - bleahhhhhhhhh. Tasted like I figure rocket fuel must taste.

(and no - that's not the stuff in the photo - that was the freebie 'hello' drink, which was really nice - and I also have no idea what it was, since you don't order it - you just get it).

Tomorrow is on to Kiel - and I hope that I have no dramas with the trains, since they are striking again. I know I will get to Hamburg, since the two trains there are Inter-City trains and not allowed to be part of the strike, and I should get to Kiel from Hamburg at some stage of the day, since there are two smaller private companies running trains in the region as well..... we shall see what happens.... stay tuned.

No comments: