Monday, October 15, 2012

Singapore - FPO Trip.../ 13th October 2012

OMG - only 3 hours sleep.... the last time I felt this rough (physically) there was a fair bit of alcohol involved... yet I felt more than just fine...

Up at 5.30am (after going to bed too late to put in my lenses, so by the end of today my vision will be less than stellar)....

Bag rechecked - if it's wrong now it's just tough luck - they have shops in Singapore too!

The taxi arrived dead on time - which was great - I was more than ready to get to the airport, check in and relax.

I almost got to eat breakfast - they took so bloody long to make it ready I got about 4 sips of coffee and one piece of toast down me - and then customs took longer than I'd ever had to wait before... guess that's because I usually take night flights...

I found Rebecca at the gate and we tried to listen to the announcements - but failed miserably because of a loud mouth sitting near us yell-talking to her travelling companions.

We borded later than we had been told - but we took off on time and I was ready to just sleeeeeeeeeeep.....

But that did not happen, sadly.

I had a toddler behind me....screaming and squarking... and when she wasn't doing that - she was kicking the back of my seat.....  Since I was really really tired (having had way too little sleep all week, and being almost starved after my stomached spent most of the week rebelling against me), I knew that I would have zero tact.  I couldn't figure out a polite way to tell the kid, or her mother, that I'd break her legs if she kicked me again... so I decided I should just shut up and fume silently.....  probably best - I think I may have been having a slightly disproportionate response.... I'd need to check that against a control group though :)

The flight was boring - no big surprise there and don't customs make a big fat fibber out of me - and put an honest to goodness stamp in my passport....

We got to the hotel and checked in fine - had a much wanted shower (I really don't know what they put in the A/C in planes - but as little as 5 minutes leaves you feeling you're completely grotty) and then Kerry, Rebecca and I met downstairs for a couple of drinks (had to have a Singapore Sling, since we're in Singapore - then an early dinner and to bed.

No comments: