Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sydney and beyond.....

Centre Point Tower with Scotty!



So - these shots are pretty famous, all around the world. The Bridge, The Opera House, both together and Centre Point Tower.


My flight down - god aweful - gave me a migraine. I'm sure the plane was under-oxygenated - and late 20 minutes taking off and it was as stuffy as all get out - so I'm sure that was most of the problem.


The work bit on Friday was really productive - fought the migraine all day and Scott and I really kicked over a lot of crap and sorted through heaps of stuff. So at 6pm we called it quits and I was really lucky that right across from my hotel was a late opening chemist....Mersyndol in hand and I was happy!


I was asleep by 8.00pm (Brisbane time). But the next morning I was fighting fit and ready to go. By 7.30am (Brisbane time - I stayed on Brisbane time since the clocks were going back that night and my watch is really hard to change), I was off down the street - in search of breakfast and the harbour tour I wanted.


So after a 40min walk and hunting out an elusive ATM (I swear they were in hiding) - I sat down at a cafe behind Circular Quay - only to be ignored for 5 minutes, then watch a family of four have menus in their hands before all of them had bums on seats (and no - that is literal). So I waited a couple of minutes more - and 2 more waitresses walking passed - I left and hit the next place..... Okay - I was trying to avoid going there - but Golden Arches it was - before I expired!


So then I went to find the harbour tour I wanted... and it wasn't leaving for another 45minutes! doh! It wasn't too bad though - I just wandered around for a bit until it was time to board.


The photos were taken from the Ferry. It was interesting a LOT of history in the area, naturally enough - nice weather - even got a slight sunburn - it was pretty warm for that time of year.


After the cruise I was all hot and bothered and needed a shower. It was luxury - two showers in one day - Sydney are only on level 3 water restrictions when we're about to go to level 5 next week.

After a lightning shower and quick change, I met Scott at the Town Hall to go in search of lunch. So after a cold drink, we headed into China Town and to a food court with tooooo much to choose from. It all look good and I was hungry by that time - so it was good timing....


We fueled up and then walked, and walked, and walked. We walked the Sydney CBD. We went to The Rocks, we went everywhere. I don't even remember all the places we went - or all their names. We had a heavy shower hit us, while we were having a drink at a cafe - so we stayed there while it cleared. Just before that though, we were at the markets at the Rocks - and I found a sensational pendant.... very earthy. I don't usually buy jewellery - but this piece had my name all over it. Scott also bought me a fantastic piece of rose quartz, since I need it so badly and have avoided it forever.... It's currently sitting on my window ledge being cleansed by the moon at the moment to finish off the cleansing Scott gave it at the time.

We went up to Centre Point Tower as well - by this time it was about 7pm and coming on for dark - but we could still see everything. The mist came in and closed off vision for about 5 minutes - but then it cleared again. Just as I was getting my smooshed coin souvenir Tracy rang to say Rosie's water had broken. I just knew she'd pop while I was away! Dammit.

We had dinner - Hungry's coz we weren't dressed for a restaurant at all (like you could walk for 7 hours dressed for dinner)! By the time we were done (and pretty much done in) it was fully dark and I was pretty glad it wasn't really safe to walk up that dirty great hill to the hotel. The cab fare was the best $10 I could have spent!

I stayed up reading and phoning backwards and forwards to hear the updates on Rosie. She ended up needing an emergency C-Section - poor poppet. but she had 8 little ones - 1 boy and 7 girls. What a champ!

Sunday I slept late - got out of the hotel room pretty much as late as possible. They let me leave my luggage there while I went off in search of food. After breakie I walked up to the Jewish Museum. The Holocaust area was stuff I'd seen most of before - but the history within Sydney was interesting and it was a good way to pass an hour or so until the shuttle was due.

I took the shuttle to the airport and had plenty of time to kill - so I had some lunch and carried on reading my book and made sure I picked up a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts to take into work tomorrow.
So in a semi Reader's Digest version - that was Sydney.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.