Friday, March 16, 2007

Counting Down now

So, after over 30 years of avoiding Sydney, I am now really excited to be going for work. This time next week, I will be sitting in my hotel room with the tellie on and a book, I think. End of a long day, with a lot accomplished, I hope.

The best part of the whole trip is that I will get to meet Scott face to face. He's my contact at the company I'm going to see. We have hit it off really well and work well together, so I'm looking forward to meeting him properly. I think it's a great opportunity for us both. It's one thing to talk on the phone about something, but better face-to-face because you get a feel for how each other works.

So next Saturday I will be doing the embarrassing tourst stuff - but I figured - mad if I don't. I will ask some other touristy looking type to take my photo with the bridge in the background - I know my German family will get a kick out of it anyway. Mama is so happy she got to do the bridge climb and was upset that we didn't have the same option on the Story Bridge, which she also liked. Now we actually do - so we have a date for her next trip. I will ignore the fact that we're waaaaaaaay off the ground and that I will probably need a fresh kimbie, and do that climb with Mama. It should be fun actually - just as long as I don't look down while I'm actually walking up, I should be right.

Today was flowers day for Margie - we all put in $5 and I arranged a flower delivery, to let her know how much we, as a team, think of her. We scored big time - tears and speechlessness. I'd say that was a win!

So - enought blithering for today

No comments: