Sunday, October 14, 2007

6th October, 2007. Changi Airport


It’s still Saturday the 6th, and I’m sitting at Changi Airport. It’s kinda muggy here – 20 degrees – but it’s such a great airport to hang out in. I’ve already visited the Koi Pond with Dora. She has also had her photo-op there too. And considering the bloody pond is right smack-dab in the middle of the friggin’ arrival hall – not without considerable wanting to duck under the nearest large rock!!!

The Koi however were like they’d been on the Chinese women’s swim team. Holy crap, were they big!!! I am guessing – and anyone who knows me, will know how bad at guesstimating I am – that they were, on average, about 40cms long… Looked they were the Ironmen of Koi, I tell ya!

So then I sent a postcard to Ma and Pa – had a $2 note and it cost $1.95 all up to buy the card and send it – worth the shit-stir.

Prior to that though, I did give my Visa a small workout (and I do mean small). I found a wall-plug charger for stuff that’s usually charged through your USB (so now I can charge my iPod without having to have my computer on. Only cost about AUD17, so I was happy with that. I also stocked back up on Tiger Balm, since mine is about to go out of date this month. – good timing!!

So that leads me to why I’m sitting here, burning battery, writing the first part of my blog into Word, so I can dump it when I get to anywhere with an online capability. (There are supposed to be places here that I can plug my laptop into – but I’ve already walked up and down several times and I didn’t see it – so I’m not hunting again. Brisbane time it’s nearly midnight – and I still have another 2 hours to go before I board for the next leg. I bought myself some water, sat down and read for a bit (as you do). Then I thought it would be wise to go potty while I had plenty of time. Freak me out man!!! Self flushing toilets!!! Sitting there, minding my own business, when the machine starts minding mine for me too! Now I have heard of these beasts – but on future type programmes or programmes on how the rich and famous live. Or the Japanese (since they seem to like tecnology even more than Australians do), but I never expected to experience one in my lifetime (being neither rich nor famous, or Japanese) and especially not in a public toilet at an airport. When you talk about Changi Airport having it all – it’s really no exaggeration.

Oh – and I don’t think I’ll complain about the loneliness of the flight – I think maybe I’m now used to it (should be after doing this trip alone for the fourth time. I got stuck next to a talkative couple and I just wanted to ask them to shut the hell up – but I didn’t – that would be rude and they were being polite. Wasn’t really their issue that I’m in an antisocial mood, now is it?

I hope I get a couple of hours sleep on this leg. I slept really badly again last night – gave up at about 2.30am and took half a sleeping tablet. Worked great, but the alarm woke me at 7am (hence the half, not a full one), since I had to go and have my tortures session at 8am. Big rats on that one – I could quite happily have slept for a couple more hours.

So I think I might have raved on enough for the first post on this trip. Fancy waffling so much about a short flight and an airport…… makes you wonder have much drivvle I will end up filling this blog with when I have actually DONE something J.

More soon

No comments: