Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blissfull, lazy day – 10th October 2007 (Wednesday)

I actually don’t have much to report about today. We took a day off from juice making, though tomorrow we will continue. We will continue with Papa and Ulli’s new drink mix too – apple and pear juice. Apple trees are not all that this farm has to offer – by a long shot. There a pears a plenty here too, along with walnuts, hazelnuts, quinces (don’t worry – I’m not sure many Australians will know these – we don’t get them there), berries of all sorts – raspberries, blackberries and and and…..

Today I just took it easy and read a bit and caught up on this blog a bit – in Word, waiting for the weekend, when I can post it all, and generally just relaxed – it was really nice. It’s hard though, because the fruit won’t exactly wait – if we don’t juice now, it will go rotten, and that’s too much of a shame. It’s a real pity that I can’t bring some juice back, but since it’s not sealed properly I can’t. I think it’s fair to say that after this Cellar Holiday I (a) don’t want to see another apple for a long time and (b) won’t be able to have crappy shop-bought apple juice for a long time!!!!

No comments: