Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thursday 18th October 2007. to market to market to buy me some fish!




Fish farm – okay – I agree with them 100%, but the whole picking out your fish and watching the guy smack it over the head a couple of times to kill it, really isn’t that nice. I haven’t been able to go fishing since I started diving – kind of hard when you see them in their ‘house’. But I’m sure it will taste nice J (I have no problem eating them at all). Plus fish farms are much better than the problem of having your fish stocks fished out too. Dora was very excited to be going to the fish farm too!


The scenery here at the moment is amazing - it's really Autumn and the leaves are changing colours and falling everywhere (talk about a bucket load of work)!!!

Maja came this afternoon, which was really cool – we’re going to go to a rope centre type thing when I’m in Kiel – one of those high rope activity centres – the brochure made it look like it would be lots of fun anyway – so we will see. My (lack of) head for heights will make it interesting – but I want to do it anyway. As I said to Maja – I will probably shit my pants – but it sounds like fun – so I’m in!!

Tomorrow night we will go home to Jemgum. It’s strange to have been in the country for almost 2 full weeks, and not have been there.

Tonight we had sour pork for dinner – it doesn’t sound so good, but it tasted really nice. The pork is served cold and it’s just a little salty, I didn’t really think it was sour, as such. It was also the first time I’ve had salad since I’ve been here – so that was soooo good. I have missed my salads. My eating programme is right out the window. I just hope I haven’t porked out on all this different (to my normal) food. I guess I will see tomorrow when I get home, I’m sure there’s a set of scales in the bathroom upstairs.

No comments: