Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Grand Canyon






We arrived with about 1/2 an hour to spare (only because Mary drives like Fangio at times - but it's a good thing she does)!!!!!

The Sunset Jeep Tour was really interesting. Our guide was an ex-pat from Wimbledon but he's been here quite a while - he seemed to know what he was talking about.

The sunset was spectacular - I just kept on clicking away at the photos - better to have too many, I figure!

Dora enjoyed it too - I don't think she wanted to leave at all.

The next morning we went on a helicopter tour - I think it's definately THE way to see it. The small planes are great - but they stay up so high - we were really IN the Canyon as well as over it, and not too far above it, that's for sure!

It was both the longest and the shortest 1/2 hour in my life, I think. It seemed to go on and on, but then it was also over in the blink of an eye. I will let the photos speak for themselves thoughk I think....

No comments: