Friday, October 31, 2008

Last One for this trip...

My last full day and a bit in-country were great. Mary and I met Danyael and Lenin for dinner (Tuesday night) at a great little Greek place - Gyros!!!!!!! After that we went to the sports bar and hung out which was great.

I had a great surprise though - Danyael took me out to lunch at the Olive Garden on Wednesday - great food and excellent company and it was really nice to go out during the day and not have to walk.....

Wednesday night we went out again with the boys to Mexican and after that we walked around downtown Phoenix a little and ended up at Alice Cooper's bar - Cooperville. It has quite a nice atmosphere - a little edgy, but not overly so.


Well, the suitcases are packed, and once my laptop is closed down and added, I'm ready to go. I have a couple of hours to kill first. Everything fit in the suitcases (including some of Tracy's stuff), but I have no idea how much they weigh....not too much, I hope. There's not much I can do about it, even if they do. I really don't feel like hopping through Sydney - but I have no choice. If I'd realised that all airlines flying to and from the States had the great luggage allowance I would have just flown whoever out of Brisbane. I have to try to remember to get a bottle of something duty free for our upcoming cocktail party - hope I don't forget that in all the rush to get through customs, put my bags back for transfer to the BNE flight and get myself to the domestic terminal!

It's going to be a while until my next trip. So it might be day trips and long weekends on here for a while. I am planning to try to visit Canberra next year though.........

No comments: