Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Legoland - 6.8.2012

WOW............that's pretty much how you sum up Legoland.

We started out nice and early - on the road a little after 8am and the drive was completely smooth-sailing (if you'll pardon a mixed metaphor).

I have no idea how much money I burned through there - since I don't know the exchange rate - but I figured as long as I wasn't going mental it was fine - those places are for burning money at anyway.

I guess I didn't really think things through as to what to expect - since it's pretty much my practice... that way you're not disappointed if things turn out vastly different and all... but I wasn't expecting the bonus of rides - that is for certain.

I guess it's more like a MovieWorld or something - like a themed fun park - "just" centered around the fabulous world of Lego.

We did a bit of a reccy first - to get an idea of what there was to do in all.  None of us had been there before, so I was as use as anyone else (except for my astounding lack of sense of direction of course - but Vera is well versed in that - so it's always taken into account)  :)

They had sections set up for a lot of the themed Lego too - as you'll see from the photos.  The most photos of any sort are the Star Wars stuff - absolutely incredible.  Unfortunately though - the photos show all the layers of Lego up so you really see it - in real life it looks  lot more seemless.

We went on a couple of roller coasters - nothing as extreme as Movie World or Dreamworld's thrill rides - but not bad either.  Unfortunately Lasse was too small for most of the rides - although there were some he could come on with adult accompaniment - so that was good - and a couple Knud was too short for too.  A real shame too since the ones we could see didn't look all that bad.  I think the Danes put the over in cautious - a LOT.

We had a really groovy ride on canoes through a winding treasure trove of ye olde worlde - some of the shots are from that - unfortunately some were blurry because of being in motion.

One ride was really cool - two to a pod - each pod had a number and you got to lazer shoot at different coloured lights for various points....  Amazingly enough - I actually top scored - by a huge margin - with exactly 13000 points I think Marc was next nearest with about 8500...  He was in a pod by himself and started out trying with both guns - and then soon realised that was not working - so it might have been much closer if he'd been working with one gun from the start.

That was through the  Mummy themed ride.  There was a lot of pirate stuff and knights etc - Lego is pretty big on heros and saving people etc.  (Their Police station set up is still one of their biggest sellers - though I think Star Wars themed items may be about to take over that mantle....but seriously - who doesn't want their own Milenium Falcon or even a Death Star (queue Darth Vader's creepy entry music)

The food was good too - nothing like the generally crappy park food we have...sure there was some snack foods - popcorn, hot dogs etc - but mostly it was actual food and really good.

We were a bit worried setting out though - because it was pretty much pissing it down with rain and even though we were headed 2 1/2 hours north - that was no guarantee of hitting different weather at all.  We were very lucky though -we had a bit of a heavy shower at lunch time - but since we were having lunch it didn't put a dent in the day at all - it certainly didn't stop us doing anything at all except maybe playing on the boats that were all about water cannon fights.

All in all I can honestly say it was a great day (even if I was absolutely shattered by the end of it all - flying for  over a day travel time and up early the next morning and another really long day - we were up just before 7 and didn't get home until nearly 9.30pm - I was almost non-sensicle by then.  I would absolutely recommend it to anyone thinking of putting it on their European agenda - that is for sure.  It wouldn't matter if you have kids or not - or if you're a Lego officianado or not (because I certainly am not) - it's a total blast and the big kid in all of us can go mental.... and the Lego themed sourvenirs - OMG - FUN!!! I bought an ice-cube try that makes the ice into Lego block shapes!!!










edited 13.8.12 - I think it was a case of processing power and being patient - these 9 photos took about 10 minutes to load! 

No comments: