Tuesday, August 07, 2012

The flight and the first afternoon/evening

Well - the flight was not too bad - boring as bat-shit, like usual  but at least it was completely uneventful.

We were roughly on time leaving Brisbane and a little early getting in to Dubai - which was good - because it meant I could walk around etc....but then had longer to hang out there and be board - and not be able to nap (which my body was telling me to do)!

Took me bloody ages to find my gate too - because I was somewhat punchy I think.... but find it I did (obviously) and then the next flight too was uneventful.

I only watched a couple of films.  I caught up on The Avengers which I really enjoyed.  (Joss Wheden directed and written - was there ANY doubt)?!

I also watched Iron Lady.  Merryl Streep at her usual standard of greatness - she managed to make Thatcher seem like a real live human being....  It was certainly a kind portrayal of her.  Not that I really have a reference point - we had already left England before she came to power - so we only had the murerings of relatives to go on....and people don't usually put into letters the good things the government is doing.  So it's kind of hard to say.

We were pretty much on time coming into Hamburg - why IS it though, that the last half hour always seems the longest?

Because I'm apparenty technically inept even though I had checked call rates etc - I apparently forgot to actually activate my global roaming on my phone. (This has since been done) - so I had to text Ma and Pa to let them know I had landed okay.

I can never really describe how coming home to Germany feels and with Vera it's always like I was just here..never strange -never pauses in conversations... true friendship.

We went to Marc and Vera's neighbours for dinner - lasagne - but by 8.30pm I was done for....  tomorrow will be a huge day- off to Legoland!!!

I'm thinking that might be a bit of a big blog!

till next time..................................................

No comments: