Monday, September 24, 2012

24th August - on my way to Czech Republic

So...again with the goodbyes... if I haven't said it before, I'll say it again - they SUCK

Up early - couldn't face food at that time of the day when I'm in a hurry. I'm not a nervous flyer - but until my luggage is checked through, I am somewhat paranoid about something going wrong.  Not really sure why - the worst that can happen is that I've weighed it wrong and I get charged a Motza for it - not like they will refuse to take me or anything!

For the first time I got to see Arlanda airport proper as I've always come in to the other terminal that has not a great deal of anything - but departures is quite a large airport indeed.

I did some souvenir shopping... got Dalahäst for a few people.
The flights were pretty average - late leaving Stockholm, so I had no time to grab anything to eat in Wien - so with half a sandwich and a 100ml diet coke with all I'd eaten all day - was completely starved.  No food on the Wien-Prague flight.  Poor Marketa - so excited to see me and I'm all about 'we HAVE to stop somewhere for food - I basically haven't eaten yet today' (it was nearly 3pm by this stage).

So we scooted up the highway and found a friendly Macca's at a servo and I scarfed down about a million calories and then felt sooooo much better.. :)

We stopped in at Skoda-Roman's and picked up some natty clothing for Dad and I and then on to pick up  (Marketa's) Roman - ready for the drive over to Brno tomorrow (he was leaving his car at his parents place so they had it to use if they needed it).

We went in to Hradec centre for Mexican for dinner - really good food - and Hradec is a very nice city - quite small by city standards - but really nice.

No comments: