Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Dublin - Day Two - Part Three

So in clearing my head I started looking for lunch and was getting led a little astray by my phone (or so I thought) - when the battery died as I got to Dublin Castle.

I staved off a panic attack (being lost turns me into a completely different person, one devoid of reason and sense and I go into full meltdown.  I usually work to avoid getting into those kinds of situations, so not many people have seen it.  Even my best friend Tracy hadn’t seen it until we were monstrously lost in the States once. It wasn’t pretty at all and had her confused until she realised that Sharon of the reasoning had long since left the building.  In her place was Sharon, CEO of the Raving Lunatic Party.

It was while I was trying to orient myself (and taking deep, slow breaths) that I remembered I’ve been lugging round a double-weight phone for just this purpose - as the case has a built in battery.....hit charge and hey presto-chango I had maps again.

I was trying to find Eddie Rockets when I stumbled across Dublin Castle - but I had been distracted (hey.... ghekho)!.....so I set off again and actually stumbled across it looking for my next landmark.  The food was really good - thank you for the recommendation Stephen Fee - you were NOT wrong!  Hugest burger and no way was I finishing the drink before midnight!
I needed to walk that off to I went off to make a new friend... singing cockles and muscles, alive alive-o......



https://youtu.be/ruNdU6bGE5E

After that and hitting over 10,000 steps for the second day in a row (and the first time I’ve been able to any walking of note since early March - to was back to the hotel for a rest and recharge.  Quick bite for dinner later and early to bed again.  SUCH a party animal!

Fresh seafood chowder and Soda bread....perfection!

No comments: