Sunday, December 10, 2017

Kiel - 9th December 2017

Ohhh - to sleep in, was so nice!  Okay - so sleep in meant sleeping until nearly 7am - but that’s late for me to wake up.... the quiet of the house, no noisey hotel guests clumping on the floor above or around me - was sheer bliss.  Also - not being light at 4.30am helps a LOT.

So we had a leisurely breakfast and basically a bit of a lazy start to the day.  Vera dropped the boys at their Saturday morning activities, and Marc was out with a friend hunting.

Vera, Jo and I walked down to a local place that gives short pony rides for littlies. Jo was absolutely determined to go on the biggest horse (of course) and loved that so much she wanted another ride - but she’d had her turn on the big one, so went from the biggest to the smallest horse.  Here she is looking dead proud on her big horse.

We had pretty much a very lazy afternoon after that - I even had down time to read!

Light dinner and we were off to see Ina Müller!!!!  Total bucket list item.  Ever since Vera sent me one of her albums, I always wanted to see her live.

Pre-show beers (this may not look it - but this was the first and only beer - even though it looks like we’re deep into party mode.
She did not disappoint, being a comedienne and singer - her between song banter was naturally a huge part of it, and while at times she spoke way too bloody fast to be clear so I missed some bits - she was freaking hilarious - I think I’d almost want to see a comedy show of hers even more than the singing. She only sang one song I knew - but made me want to buy more albums for sure. 

It was a great concert and I’m so glad we made the trek.  The drive home was a bit of an adventure - it started snowing again - huge fat snowflakes and was totally mesmerising.  I’m honestly not sure if I would have been able to drive in it - since I was just watching the snow too intently, though I’m sure if I was the driver, it may well be different.

Tomorrow we’re dropping the kiddies off for Lasse’s birthday party - while we go off to a Christmas Market.  Glühwein- here I come!  Especially since Vera has told me that there is a place at the market where I don’t have to have boring old whiskey as the shot (you can have plain Glühwein and it’s also very nice - but seriously - why wouldn’t you have it “mit Schoß”?  And the shot you can opt for where we’re going today - can be hazelnut vodka - I mean seriously!!!!!!!  If anyone can tell me something that is wrong/bad about that - I challenge you!

After that - there may not be too much writing done......but it will be sooooooooo worth it :)

No comments: