Saturday, December 09, 2017

Last Day in Scotland...or is it......

When I woke up this morning, the world was white.  Seemed magical and very cool... but now that I’m sitting at the airport and the runway has been closed due to the weather it’s not that cool.

It’s supposed to be closed until at least 10 minutes after I’m supposed to fly out.. and that was already delayed, leaving me only 1/2 an hour between flights.

This is feeling a little like Frankfurt all over again... as long as they work with us and keep us informed though, they will be winning the customer service award.

Okay - I’ve made it to the mainland - I’m on the right continent....

That was a very long day of doing not much more than fret, to be honest.


The day now known as “the day I tried to leave the Highlands”

I woke to a world of white - thought - ‘ooohhh - pretty’.  Ooh Pretty turns into ‘oh fuck’ pretty quickly though, when flights are being cancelled.  The snow storm that was expected yesterday, came today - not great timing!

It really wasn’t a Frankfurt, take 2 though - as the staff were really helpful and kept us up to date, and assisted very happily with rebooking missed connections.

We finally got the call to go through security - I rather thought there would have been a rousing chant of “hoozaaaah” or some such - but no....

Because of my rebooking, they needed to re-tag my bags... this wasn’t done right first time unfortunately - so the old tickets stubbs weren’t cancelled in the system.  I was called over the loud speaker (soooo love attention) and it needed sorting.  I was the last on board - but still - we sat there for about another hour waiting for the de-icing and then waiting for our slot back to Amsterdam.  I could see massive black clouds closing in and it started snowing again, so until we actually moved, I still felt like we could be called back at any moment...  stress!!!

But now I’m in Amsterdam, sitting at my gate and I’m going to try not to fall asleep since it’s been dark for ages already.... reallly messes with your head/sleep pattern, that’s for sure.

Next post will be from Germany!  I will get to Kiel at about 11pm or gone. So nothing more from me today... I think I’ll be having a very quick shower and falling into bed.  At least that’s airports done for a while once I get to Vera’s.  I’m hoping no more until home - but it will really depend if it’s cheaper to fly than train.

No comments: