Friday, January 12, 2018

10th and 11 th of January 2018

10th January

Nils moved in upstairs today, and this evening Bernard came over and we had another cheese evening, which was really nice.

I felt really bad because I didn’t actually invite him to come to Australia if he wanted to, but Mama’s been trying to fix us up I think.  He’s a really nice guy, and I have nothing against the fact that he’s a farmer (a very successful one at that) - but even if I felt like that about him, I don’t think I am cut out to be a dairy farmer’s wife (anyone’s wife, really).  He needs a young ‘un to have kids with so the farm stays in the family.  

As a last evening, it was really good.

11th January

Time to say goodbye to Germany and Mama and Papa.

Even Nils came to the station (mind you, Papa is his ride to work, so I’m not sure he had a lot of choice LOL).

The train was a little late leaving, but I had plenty of time in both Hannover (had to wait through one other train on that platform actually).  In Berlin I had plenty of time, and the the train was already sitting there, so I jumped on and settled down.  I even managed to sleep a bit on the train.

Had some minor issues getting to where Marketa was parked - but managed it in the end.  I followed the signs to get to where the busses where (per Marketa’s instructions) because the only escalators up to the bus platform were taped off as they weren’t working.  So I went up on the nearest train platform, hoping I could back-door to the busses - which I did.

Then we stayed up waaaaay too late drinking raspberry wheat beer - don’t knock it - it’s pretty blood nice!

I really needed a sister hug after this week.  

No comments: