Wednesday, January 03, 2018

1st January 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ready to see the arse-end of 2017, that is for sure!  2017 sadly pretty much kicked my arse up until the last little bit of it.  Shitty health, played like shit because of the back issue, put on even more frigging weight from being inactive (and, eating shit food because I was in a bit of a funk), my job got outsourced to Kuala Lumpur.  Really a bit pissy over that last one, since I really owned that role.  The FSD was my baby. I nurtured it from ground up and built its reputation into a solid, go to help desk. But it’s also a (forced) chance for a new beginning.  We all know I’ll be working for another 20 years probably, with the way things are going - so plenty of time to choose a new direction and get stuck in.

Enough venting - on with 2018 - and the hope that it shits all over 2017 😜

So - I decided I needed to start the year right - and tried out my new ‘running’ shoes.... (that would be walking for me - but whatevs).

Turns out - the Swiss don’t just make good watches, chocolate, army knives or pantaloons (c’mon - you’ve SEEN those funky duds of the Papal Guard - no - he’s a sneak peak:

Sexy stuff huh?

The Swiss also make pretty damned amazing shoes!  Took me a while (and Googling it, since their on shoe banding is weird to read), but the brand is ON.  So bloody comfy and supportive etc - everything a shoe needs to be.  I walked a little over 5kms today - so a good start to the year.

This afternoon Mama and I joined a tour group of a walk around Jemgum.  The guide was really knowledgeable and had some interesting things to point out about the church, the windmill and the oldest house in Jemgum (built in 1565, if I remember correctly) - and still standing and still in use.  They really DON’T build them like they used to.  It’s up for sale and needs a little TLC - but still perfectly serviceable house to live in.  Unless you’re old or somehow not as able bodied as the average person - apparently it has a lot of ‘interesting’ stairs.  Probably means they wouldn’t pass today’s standards of uniformity etc - but it’s heritage listed - so those stairs are as protected as the rest of the place :)

After our walk we watched BINGO - and I actually got one Bingo, which means I won a little over 22 Euros.

I also found a very interesting Help Desk role for a telecommunications company IN MARGATE - so  I’m hoping my luck still holds as I have prepared my email to send through. 

No comments: