Wednesday, January 03, 2018

2 January 2018

Went for another walk today, since the rain is holding off.  I pushed myself a bit further and walked 6.1kms today.

If I can add a bit each day, I’d like to see if I can walk to the church in Marionchor, as it’s extremely old (built in 1479 - can you even comprehend that?  I know I find it hard.  It was built before Christopher Columbus (re)discovered America!  Let me see if I can find a photo online to steal..... Okay - I found a couple.  You can see it’s had some subsidence over the (many) years - but the church is still in full use and I believe the subsidence has been halted with modern engineering, but from memory they thought it might damage the church if they tried to correct it.  So the church has a lean - and you can feel it inside when you’re sitting on the pews - I’ve attended a concert there).  But it’s 5.3kms away - I could easily walk there - but not sure I can manage 10 plus k’s at the moment - but it’s a goal!



This evening we went to the train station as Mama and Papa needed to arrange tickets for a group holiday they are going on.  The further out you buy your tickets, the cheaper they are here for distance travel.  I thought I was doing us all a good thing and bought us 2 Bingo tickets each - but got totally the wrong ones (they look similar) - but who knows - it’s 6 chances to win ten thousand Euros - so meh!  My bad :(

The storms are coming back tomorrow - more rain and severe winds.  Looks like 7kms might not happen tomorrow - bugga!

No comments: