Tuesday, January 30, 2018

28th and 29th of January 2018

28th January

Lazy morning - then went to “The Cottage” for lunch.  There isn’t much cottag-ey about where Karol (Marketa’s Dad) lives.  It’s rather a large bungalow and actually where Svartava (Marketa’s Mum) grew up.  The house has been in the family for several generations.

Went for a short walk after lunch, but was honestly mostly just fighting to stay awake.  A couple of late nights and early mornings are just a little tough to take, it seems.

29th January

Mostly lazy day again today.  I had a dry run at packing.  With all the books and heavy stuff in the suitcase it’s 26kgs.  There’s probably about another kg to add to that.  I will take out some of that heavier stuff though, to fit in some Pilsner and Becharovka.

Tried to get the stitches out - but Marketa’s doctor wasn’t answering her phone at all, and ER wouldn’t see me, as I’m not an emergency..... wonder how I would have gone if I’d injured myself here - if it would have been easier?

When I got home I checked with Lottie - and will be leaving the stitches in until I get home - honestly can’t be arsed fighting to get help and don’t like Marketa having to run around so much for me.  I’m not happy about it - but I just can’t be bothered!


No comments: