Friday, May 05, 2006

Back in Germany and the sun has finally arrived



It's now the 4th May and it's been a while. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the last part of my trip in the Czech Republic was done from Prague itself, where Marketa's family have a small bedsit flat, since first Gabi, then Marketa have/are studying in Prague and it's better to stay instead of commuting the hour plus each day!

Terezin was amazing. Really interesting. I really liked the art piece I've loaded with this. There are too many photos that need explanations to add here, unfortunately, but the drive was definately worth it. Apparently, whilst I cannot read maps too well in English - in Czech, I am great at it! Who would have thought? I got what I am hoping is a really good book on the history of Terezin etc from the onsite shop. The book Mum, Dad and I read earlier this year - Hanah's Suitcase, was also there. I told Marketa that she would enjoy reading it - maybe more so now that she's been to Terezin.

After Terezin, we went into the real touristy area of Prague to do some much needed souvenir shopping!

No comments: