Monday, March 12, 2007

Getting back into it.

Okay - so it's been a long time since I visited - enough to know that I had to fight like a fiend to get passed my own internet protection software - and I've had that for some months now.

So - I'm finally and possibly for the first time, actually happy. Not just happy about this event or that event - but totally and utterly happy. It's taken me pretty much my whole life up to this point, and who knows - it may not last - but I'm going to enjoy the ride while I can.

So - I'm 3 1/2 months into getting healthy - I hesitate to say again, because even when I was fit, before my knees went - I probably wasn't healthy. I was still eating a diet full of crap food, I was just lucky to have a metabolism that bordered on embarrassing to deal with it. So far I've dropped about 14kgs - so I'm about 1/2 way done - hopefully the rest will come off as steadily. The eating plan is really easy to follow and the circuit class hasn't crippled my knees up yet - but I figure even if they start to cave because I'm pushing it - I can manage another 3 months of pain, if I need to - that's why voltaren was invented :) I will be able to cut back on the really hard workouts once I've hit my goal weight - so if I have a few rough months with my knees - I will live with it. Even now when they hurt a bit - it's still way less than before I started up - so I'm still ahead at this stage.

I've hit the shops -had no choice - my old clothes were falling off me. I don't like handing out too much money at this stage though - already the size 14s I bought are loosening up - which is kinda sad - because I'm loving the clothes I bought in normal people shops - but it's good too. The shopping trip once I hit my goal weight, will be soooooo much fun!

I'm really only writing this as a diary to myself. Later on, some people may read it - but that's not important. I just felt like keeping a record for myself.

So, quickly, onto the next trip - it's a little while away still - not until October - and it's a flying visit, but this year marks the 20th anniversary of when I went to Germany on exchange - so I have to go back and see my other family and friends to celebrate. It's needed too, because I'm going through a bit of a homesick phase at the moment - though it usually gets worse when there's a trip being planned. I have my tickets already and the time off work, so now it's just a count-down.

Well, that's all I'm going to write for now. Next post I will dig out some photos from 20 years ago - just so they're recorded for posterity online too. I will try to see how many photos I can possibly replicate while I'm over there too then - that'll give me something to aim for.

That's all for now. More Later. S

No comments: