Sunday, September 02, 2007

34 More Sleeps

So, the count-down is one. 34 more sleeps until I get on the plane back to Germany.

This year marks the 20th Anniversary of my exchange year. I can't believe that the time has gone by so quickly. I do believe that at some stage I will have to actually do something with my life.

I'm still waiting to hear back about the flight home - to see if I get to stay the extra week or not. I have the flight from Frankfurt to Singapore okay - just not the Singapore - Brisbane leg yet. I've sent Janka an email to see if me staying overnight in Singapore will help or not. I'm just wanting to get it sorted out, so Mama and Papa can arrange their time off, Marketa can arrange her ticket to Germany and I can let Vera and Marc know when I'll be in Kiel. I feel like I'm holding everyone up a bit. Hopefully it will get sorted very soon.

I have most of the stuff in progress for what I want to take with me to Germany as gifts. I just need to finish them off. Maike's is only waiting to be fired. Mama's is 3/4's done and Papa's is about 1/2 done. I will just be taking Bernd a bottle of Bundy, to make things easier. I just have no idea what else he might like. I have to remember to pick up a couple of packets of Tims Tams for Maike, plus her cigarettes from the airport in Frankfurt.

I've done a dry run on the packing and everything will be fine. I wish I could cut down more on the stuff that will be coming back with me - but you can't do anymore than what you can do.... I'm cutting it as fine as I can really.

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting before I go - but I will use this as my travelogue again once I'm there.

No comments: