Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gallimarkt, Saturday 13th October, 2007

Never let it be said that the Germans are afraid of the odd ale. Or the excuse to down several of them. There was much that really wasn't my scene with the Gallimarkt, but despite that (and my previous misgivings because of this), I had a really good time. I am really happy that Maike has a really good bunch of friends. We hit a few rides, which was good - funny stuff when a group of 8 people go through a house of moving floors together - good fun - piddly or sober. Thankfully I didn't embarrass myself overly much. Oh - except for when I fell down the stairs when we went to watch the fireworks (bad lighting - didn't see that 'one more step') - twisted my ankle and landed on the grazed knee I gave myself knocking into Johann's laylow 2 days ago. Oh - or when I totally mistimed walking through the revolving cylinder (those things are going way faster than they look), and again fell straight onto my grazed knee. I feel like I'm 9 again! :)

I shocked myself - managing not to whine about being tired and wanted to go home to bed - and even had maybe another hour in the tank when we got home at about 2.45am - but I was glad I didn't have to find out.

As usual though, I was still wide awake at 7am and Maike slept until about 10am - mind you she's been surviving on about 2 hours of sleep a night all week, since her company is celebrating their 10th birthday too and she's done nothing but party and schmooz the international guests for a week.

So today I went and picked up a dirt cheap mobile phone (and I mean dirt cheap - it was 10 Euros (about $8), with 5 Euros of credit on it. So it really doesn't matter if I can't get it unlocked when I get home - I will just keep it for travelling back to Germany with!

This evening Maike and I went to her friends' place for home made pizza - they are kind of like her 2nd family and it was a really great evening. The parents were out and the 3 boys and 1 girl were quite a boisterous bunch - so it felt very much like home. I'm sitting her typing this and they've gone back to the Gallimarkt, which closes at 2am - another hour away. I didn't want to stop Maike having fun worrying about me, since I need to get some sleep - which is exactly where I'm off to now...... It might be another week before I can update again - but we shall see.

No comments: