Wednesday, August 15, 2012

13th and 14th August....

13th:

Had a sleep in and then Papa picked me up and took me back to Bernd and Svenja's.  Martja is now 3 and very talkative :)

We played a little and then had some lunch when Bernd  stopped in. 

Afterwards we went on the Corella - a small harbour boat for a tour of the Leer harbour.  OMG it was hot and sticky on the boat.  It only had a small section at the back that wa open and we did not arrive in time to claim it! 

During the evening we sat outside in the garden trying to see falling stars... so far I have seen none :(

14th:

For most of you reading this, this will come as a shock... but I spent the morning playing with Martja in her sandpit. We baked a lot of cakes and some bread.........

This evening though, we went to Menna and Dieter's for dinner.  We had a lovely evening and Mama and Papa took the photobook I made to show them (as they have a cameo in there too).  They thought it was pretty good too. Papa told Dieter they were 'from the socks' over it.  This is a German expression of shock (in this case happy shock) -but I just can't figure out a rough translation to one of our expressions....  Oh ... of course... it knocked their socks off... doh!

On Friday Dieter is taking me to an historical place - but I was trying to following several threats of conersation at once as they were grasshoppering around a fair bit and I didn't hear the first part of the coversation - but I know it will be great.  Apparently it's somewhere I HAVE to see - and so I shall.

Tomorrow I will be going to see the miniature display - which is pretty much of this whole area.... must remember to charge my camera battery tonight.

Again - we sat outside to try to see falling stars... but the clouds rolled in and put paid to that....

No comments: