Saturday, December 16, 2017

15th December - Oslo

Oslo is a small city - really nice and clean and friendly though.  For very obvious reasons it does remind me very much of Sweden.  Although we didn’t come across anything like Gamla Stan (the old city) here.

It’s a reasonably modern city, really as it’s really grown more so after the split with Denmark/Sweden and the back and forth of the Scandinavian countries.

Vera and I did our utmost to prop up the Norwegian economy today though - with quite a bit of shopping done. I bought a new handbag at what by most Australian’s standards, is a ridiculous amount - but it is a designer label (doesn’t seem to be much else here) (and my back pack is broken - but it can be fixed when we’re back in Kiel).  I bought a little troll.  I’ve found several thimbles to add to my collection pretty much everywhere I’ve been. I had to buy another shopping type of bag though - as everything I’ve bought will not fit in my on board bag I’m using!!!

Tonight was more like the start of a really good joke.... A German and an Australian walk into an Indian restaurant, in Oslo and clink glasses with a ‘cheers’ (in English) - aaaaand proceeded to have an amazing meal.  That’s now two cities (not our own) we’ve had Indian in - so we’ve decided that’s it - it’s our thing now... if we’re not in our own cities - it has to be Indian.

At least it’s not as cold here as we thought - it’s been around -1, but no wind, which is good.  Tomorrow is supposed to be -7 though - so that will be a tad chillsom..






No comments: