Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Dublin - Day two - part one....

For anyone who really knows me, you will know that getting lost, or even not being where I’m supposed to be (according to all maps etc), is my major red-flag event.  I go into full melt-down and it’s not logical and certainly not pretty.  It’s not that common since I’ve usually avoided getting myself into those situations and go with someone who actually has a sense of direction.

So for me to do these few days here in Dublin (and the next couple in Inverness), this was actually a huge step to undertake and not without some anxiety.  But thanks to Maps Apps, I decided to brave it.  Nearly 50 years old and finally getting out amongst it - fairly pathetic, when all is said and done - but I’ll own that and just run with it, thanks :)

So today - armed with internet downloads, and tips from a good friend - I went forth, for Dublin awaitheth.

(Not before a hearty breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, OJ and, of course, tea)... I knew I was smart to get accommodation with breakfast included - or I would have set sail, forgetting to eat!

I went to have a wee look around Trinity College and took in the buildings. I could wander all day taking in stuff like that - but being on limited time (and really needing to keep walking to keep warm (no - not using the big coat yet - I need to save that for when it’s actually cold), since it’s 9 degrees and rainy - who’d have thought!!










From there I went in to see the Book of Kells (being such a religious person, that I am) and in to the Long Room - anyone who loves books just jaw drops going in there - something like 200,000 books!


No comments: